[Amc-list] Good news--maybe.

I've written about my 1971 turbo Gremlin several times and asked if there
was a good replacement for the BW aluminum transmission. Most people say
"no" and one mentioned a TH400 from an ancient Postal Jeep. While
corresponding with a friend of mine he mentioned NOVAK Conversions, he said
he had a Jeep years ago and talked to them about an adapter to install a
Chevy V-8 (BOO). Anyhow I Googled NOVAK and sent them an e-mail, they
responded and said they thought they could help me and several people had
used their kits on "early" AMC six engines. They adapt to GM Hydramatic
transmissions only, they say they are the best ones to use. The main use of
their adapters is in Jeeps. Here's my question, if we can work something out
which is the best transmission to use? To me it looks like the TH700R4 which
would give me the overdrive I want. Also I think all Hydramatics are liquid
cooled and I don't have that kind of radiator, can I use a transmission
cooler or must I bite the bullet and change radiators? I know I'll have to
move/change the crossmember but will that be a problem? Any comments or
guidance will be appreciated. Has anyone ever used one of these adapters?