Re: [Amc-list] 62 classic strut rod bushings

Believe me, the hole in the bushing started out at about 7/8" (the size of the spacer), and the washer is only slightly smaller in diameter than the bushing, maybe 1/8" total.  If you take it easy and miss all the potholes you should be fine. Mine survived for 200-300 miles before finally pushing through, but I was driving it nearly every day. I drive it just about like I would any other car, not easy, but not hard either.

--------------
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:10:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

what it looks like in those pics on tom j's site, the
bushing is bigger around than the washer. it could be
that way after it squished out. you have to have a
washer that is atleast as big as the bushing, bigger
is better. my washer is the same size as my bushing. i
have put about 70 miles on it now so far. im planning
on driving it down to the houston area this weekend.
770 mile round trip. will see what happens.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"