Re: [Amc-list] 62 classic strut rod bushings

-- d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> what it looks like in those pics on tom j's site, the
> bushing is bigger around than the washer. it could be
> that way after it squished out.

It will probably work better if the washer is >> than the bush, but the
same amount of force will be applied to the smaller amount of rubber, so it
will heat-work and deform. Note that my 3" washer pushed itself through a
1" hole!

But hey, there's a huge margin of unknowns in here (materials, etc) so
since it's in, drive it! It could very well work perfectly! The only thing
I like Henry Kissenger for is this one quote:

Trust, but Verify.