Re: [Amc-list] bummer -- ruined radiator post mortem

From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
> I also talked to a guy at a cruise in once that had a cheapie chrome
> alternator fan let loose and go through the hood. This happened not long
> after it came back from a $15,000 paint job.
>
> Matt

Reminds me of the old story, new, intake, carb, chrome air cleaner, slam the hood and BIG volcanoe dimple in the hood!

I had a damper come off once, loud BANG and the alt light came on. I pull over WTF? No belt, big dent in the passenger frame rail, Say what??? Took me minute to realize the ring from the damper which held the belt groove was GONE!
  No, I did not look for it!
--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV