Re: [Amc-list] bummer -- ruined radiator post mortem

Re: [Amc-list] bummer -- ruined radiator post mortem

An old shop teacher of mine was VERY adamant that we stay away from the arc line that the fan made, as viewed from the side, and had pictures of the holes that a couple of shed fan blades had made in a hood.
That means, no leaning over the rad to rev the engine. The fan will normally move forward if it detaches, so stay behind the fan blades.
Good advice that has stayed with me for almost 50 years.
Don
1970 AMX
"The older I get, the better I was."

<<<A: Hopefully this catches you before you reassemble. My waterpump had a crack in it that wasn't easily evident. Ruined one rad and the mounts got blamed. Ruined a second and I was P!$$#D, so before I installed the third, I started the motor up and revved it. Whole front of the pump came off and played crack the whip! (got "nice" dents in the hood even!) That was on my J4000 with a nearly brand new pump!>>>