Re: [Amc-list] success! bummer!

-- piper_pa20 <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Man, you really jumped right in to the deep water with that long drive to
> work and a "just finished" car.  .  I hope you had Triple A or a friend
> for  the towing bill.

AAA. Cost me nothing, and only took an hour! One advantage of a dense urban
area!

Well, I'd gone through the systems that were most likely to fail; I
obviously missed one! I'm not fully certain as to how it happened, Monday
(my days off changed) I'll change the mounts and pull the radiator.

I think it's largely because I forgot to tighten the radiator bolts. The
fan does run close to the rad. I'll find out for sure (I hope) Monday.

I'm gonna replace the fan with a small fiberglas flex fan, less load on the
precious water pump, and I'll get one that doesn't protrude forward of the
mounting flange.

Rockauto lists water pumps, $26 or so, I've been meaning to get one before
it breaks to make sure it's correct. The radiator, the tanks and brackets
are OK, so, sigh, I'll get it recored again.