Re: [Amc-list] RE; Borg Warner T-5 manual transmission

Re: [Amc-list] RE; Borg Warner T-5 manual transmission

The T-5 in my 70 Javelin shifts very crisply, with very short throws (B&M
pro-shifter). I'm still learning how to shift it clutchless style, up shifts
seem a bit stiff when not using clutch, downshifts won't go at all until rpm
is matched as usual......shifting the T-5 when under near full throttle
acceleration is akin to shifting a Muncie 4 speed with a Mr. Gasket vertical
gate shifter. Meaning easy smooth and very quick. I can't say how much the
Redline ATF is contributing to this, but I will say that Bob Hanlon's T-5
rebuild video and parts from Hanlon made all the difference..........along
with the B&M pro-stick.

Mark is your AX15 a rebuilt done by you or someone else or is it factory
assembled? I would guess you probably don't throw that Cherokee around much
but does it speed shift nicely, downshift, etc?? I've never driven anything
with an AX15 in it. Do you off road the Cherokee?? How does that AX15 take
that work??
Armand