[Amc-list] TSM tidbits

So you know I'm either bored, or a fanatic. Your call. I'm reading through
the TSM for the car I can't drive for the lack of two steel wheels.

* Someone quoted the TSM on the 195.6 engine, 'you gotta hold the crank up
with a jack if you take a bearing cap off'. I stumbled upon that too ---
but its only recommended when you're Plastigage'ing other journals. It's
not because the crank is especially floppy.

* The A/C section, on purging air from an opened system before recharging
-- it describes a process whereby you use the pump itself to create the
vacuum necessary to purge -- 12 in Hg -- using a service valve set and
manual control over the pump clutch. This is for the old type pumps -- will
a Sanden create sufficient vacuum? This is a clever trick.

(The trick for purging all the air from an LP fuel tank is to simply
pressurize the tank with LP gas (not liquid) from another tank; it will be
something like 90% LP, 10% air. Vent it. Repeat two more times; the
resulting LP/air ratio will approach 100%/0%. That would work with H134a
just fine. I don't have a vacuum pump.)