Re: [Amc-list] hurry up and wait

Tom,

I'm sure glad you have that Rambler.  It needed
someone to love it...

Sounds like you had a good day.

What did you decide to do for shocks?

After the rain stopped today I replaced the Gremlin X
style rally wheels and G-series out of date Goodyear
GT radials (my "old tires" rant of a few weeks ago)
with powdercoated steel 14 x5.5 AMC wheels and
205x70x14 tires.  What a difference in ride!!  The
shimmy and the flat spots of the old tires are gone.

I hope to have ralley wheels back on the car someday,
but I had these tires and powdercoated wheels laying
around and needed to get some value out of them.  I
must have been on crack when I bought them because
they are Firestone tires.   I swore I would never own
Firestones after the Firestone 500 flap many years
ago.
I also put 60s era AMC (base Javelin) hubcaps on the
car.

I filled the tank for the second time and it took 16.5
gallons and I only ran 192 miles so I gotta work on
that.  I have one of the Innovate wide band oxygen
sensors and the exhaust shop put a sensor bung in my
exhaust pipe so I'll install the instrument next week
and check the AFR at cruise.  Sure runs good though.
It is as smooth as any six cylinder I have ever owned.

Joe Fulton
Salinas,CA