[Amc-list] Spirit Bumper Extensions

Thanks to Mike, another AMC enthusiast here in the valley of the sun I now
have 2 replacement bumper extensions for my Spirit. Yes, rust is a commodity
that does not prevail in the area, but UV will take it?s toll on anything
plastic or rubber and the passengers sides had not only rotted badly but as
they were also hit in parking lot incidences there were cracked and
beginning to fall apart. The replacements are o.k., no physical damage per
say and will require some cleaning to look good at 5 feet which may be the
best I can get out of them, but maybe not too, they are even still a bit
flexible instead of fried into partially compacted rubber dust. Started to
clean them up to day and then got side tracked. Maybe I can finish tomorrow.
Would have gone to Ecology (the pick a part yard ½ price sale day) except
that it rained today. A whole .04 inches. This should bring us to a yearly
total of something under 6 inches. But it does not take much wet to turn
desert dust into impassable gumbo!  Lets see what tomorrow brings.

John.