Re: [Amc-list] hurry up and wait

-- JOE FULTON <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What did you decide to do for shocks?

AMX rear shocks with a new lower mount. I really need to extract those
photos! The new mount required welding, but it was an easy job.

> After the rain stopped today I replaced the Gremlin X
> style rally wheels and G-series out of date Goodyear
> GT radials (my "old tires" rant of a few weeks ago)
> with powdercoated steel 14 x5.5 AMC wheels and
> 205x70x14 tires.  What a difference in ride!!  The
> shimmy and the flat spots of the old tires are gone.

Nice huh? Bad tires and wheels ruin a good car! Your new ones won't leak
either!

> I filled the tank for the second time and it took 16.5
> gallons and I only ran 192 miles so I gotta work on
> that.

Ouch, that's not good! Maybe a second tankful though, coulda been low the
first time, or someone sihponed some!

> I have one of the Innovate wide band oxygen
> sensors and the exhaust shop put a sensor bung in my
> exhaust pipe so I'll install the instrument next week
> and check the AFR at cruise.

Let us know how that thing works out... I've always been curious to know if
they're worth it.