[Amc-list] NAPA parts collapsing

Very annoying. So I found four candidate shocks, and lookin them up on
NAPA. The Gabriel says one is 14.6" extended, but NAPA says 14.1... another
part Gabriel says 14.2, NAPA says 14.1... hmm... two different shocks --
AMX rear and Pinto rear -- turn up the same NAPA part, but different
Gabriel parts.

Other parts have rather large variations in extended vs compressed length,
nearly 3/4" differences, and in the wrong direction. I think NAPA has done
some really bad catalog consolidations. Somehow I trust Gabriel data more.

I guess I better save that big Gabriel PDF catalog for later!

FYI, Gabriel 82069 (14.6 extended, 9.3 compressed), 68-69 AMX rear, is
nearly identical to the 63 American front shock, except a stud where the 63
01 has the big stupid eye.

NAPA says the same shock fits 71-80 Pinto rear, but Gabriel says that
should be 82004 (14.2 extended, 8.8 compressed).

NAPAs part, 5819, claims to be 14.125 extended (short), 9.25 compressed
(close enough).