Re: [Amc-list] shock absorber selection

 A long time ago I put new shockers on my 64 Classic the pin to pin type
(stud to stud)

I went to a major supplier of car parts (mostly British) BMC Jaguar Leyland
Group

They had a whole wall of shockers in boxes I looked through nearly all
before I found some similar I recall (long time ago) that they were from a
Jaguar

A few years later one of the studs broke of while driving to a dive trip
along windy & windy roads certainly made for an interesting trip.

Not sure what the replacement pair are from got them from the local AMC
parts place in NZ

Has bought back some pleasant memories

Earlier on before getting the Jag shocks I drove the car round with no front
shocks at all

I had just used some fisholine in the dors to ensure it would not rust

The combination of fish smell & rolling round everywhere gave a touch of
seasickness

Oh what we did when we were 20

Stu
Melbourne