Re: [Amc-list] how abrasive are ground up black widow spiders?

Re: [Amc-list] how abrasive are ground up black widow spiders?

    Hmmm... maybe their squishy insides might provide some sort of
lubrication to overcome the abrasive outsides.  Now, if you could only
chase some into the rest of the push rod holes...  Can't be worse than
the sludge buildup shown on valve heads on TV!

    Speaking of heads, I got to cleaning up my back "porch" and came
across a valve cover gasket that I have yet to return.  This thing is
listed for a 258 up to 1990.  My '88 Eagle had an aluminum valve cover
gasket with the 4.0 bolt pattern (15? bolts - I can't remember) -
something like twice the number of holes.  Did all of the cars (& Jeeps)
from about '87 up use the 4.0 style valve cover & gasket?  Is this a
"typo" on Fel-Pro's part?

Russ (from Pa.)