----------
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:28:53 -0700
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

The shock spacer is the ONLY thing keeping the lower arm rigid! And I was
gonna make a reduced-diameter spacer to accomodate a modern shock, but I'm
not gonna do that any more -- in fact I think I will make a LARGER! diameter
spacer as a strength member, and put the shock more inwards (there's a pair
of extra holes in the lower arms about 3" further back). I'd rather have
poorer shock absorbtion/ride than busted trunnions!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"