Re: [Amc-list] List problem (reading list on-line)

Re: [Amc-list] List problem (reading list on-line)

Jeff. I replied to the list also since this will be good info for everyone.

The AMX-Files site hasn't been maintained for some time now. It's been
broken for a couple weeks, and now is giving the error you describe
below. The owner of the site no longer has an AMC and doesn't maintain
the site. He stated over a year ago that he'd leave the site up as long
as it was useful, but wouldn't be taking the time to maintain it. So it
won't be fixed. Tom nor myself have any control over this. There is a
security issue with that site also -- it's relatively easy to farm for
e-mail addresses.

If you want to read the list on-line, as many do, start doing so from
www.amcyclopedia.org. Click on "forums" in the menu, then AMC-List. It
displays much differently than the AMX-Files did, but you can reply
on-line also. In some ways the listings are better, in some ways not.
Mostly it's just DIFFERENT, and conservative people like most
Rambler/AMC owners don't care a lot for change. Unfortunately there's
little choice in the matter! You can also read the list on-line at
www.amc-list.com, but have to use your e-mail to reply. I recommend
using the listing by date. The bottom of the file has the most current
postings. To reply, simply send an e-mail to amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Cut
and paste the subject (or type in a new subject) and any part of the
message you want to repeat.

Amcyclopedia is maintained mostly by Matt Haas, who is an active list
member. Since he has a vested interest the site is well maintained.
While there look around! It's an interesting site, and anyone can
contribute to make it better.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"