Re: [Amc-list] Early American Front Suspension

On Tuesday 11 September 2007 07:47:02 Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Gee, make a jig and do them yourself.
> Should only take few years per wheel!

Are you trying to trick me? I'm just now getting over some of the worst
Rambler Mentality of having to do everything myself...!

> You just need a solid mounted AMC hub, bolt the wheel to it then tweak it
> with a press till it's round and runs true! You may want to just make a jig
> up to see how true they are from the start... It'd be interesting to know.

Nahh, I'll pay someone else...! But seriously, on the Hornet I did mount each
wheel on the raised front corner and put a dial guage on each one.  A few
were bad, dings plus a lot of runout, I forget how much, probably from 40
years of whacking curbs.

New wheels are $50 each, pretty cheap to ensure no vibration, no tire rim
leaks and shiny metal and paint!