Re: [Amc-list] "this doesn't look like TheEmerald City , Toto..." -

On Monday 10 September 2007 02:03:06 Jerijan wrote:

> 220 'Post' Sedan (not H/T, but Sedan).  Cheapest of the Cheap.  options:
> Custom steering Wheel (WHY???) and automatic tranny.  Radio delete, of
> course.  Why Mrs VanDeVeer choose the custom steering wheel I will never
> know.

I love the bottom of the bottom cars! They plainly state what Rambler was
doing. It's just CAR. GOES. INEXPENSIVELY.

What color? I picture it as battleship grey (don't ruin my image :-) Or if
Gracie was in a wild mood that day, frost white.

Custom steering wheel: well... maybe in true Rambler Mentality... what's the
ONE THING to see and touch the most in the car? Maybe she spent her pennies
of luxury very wisely... :-)

The glovebox should contain an immaculate dealer packet, the most recent oil
change receipt, and one old penny. Nothing more. The entire car spotlessly
clean, but not a speck of gloss that American Motors didn't put there.

A zen work of art.