Re: [Amc-list] "this doesn't look like TheEmerald City , Toto..." -

Re: [Amc-list] "this doesn't look like TheEmerald City , Toto..." -

The '67 is 'Gracie'.  I got her from the estate of a 108yearold lady who
died and left Gracie behind (you can't get to heaven in a MercedesBenz said
JanisJoplin; you can't take a Rambler their either!).
Gracie has an amazing 36,000 on her now (I added near 6,000; I got her at
30,317!).  You cannot ever mistake LowMilage, and in Gracie's case, you
won't either.
She ain't perfect: seat losing tensile strength (the fabric is 'weak').  she
leaks in the rain (big time too!..  I suspect a 'cowl' issue but have never
looked into it).  Otherwise...she's my 'daily driver'...but she needs a
loving home.

Oh, yeah.  she DOES have previous rust.  1/4's and some other
places...nothing un-doable, but it does need to get done quickly.  But for
now??  She's as dependable as she ever was.  Ramblers do not make me 'walk
home'; Gracie is not the exception...she's a 'home girl' (after all, she was
garage kept from May 02, 1967 until last September.)

220 'Post' Sedan (not H/T, but Sedan).  Cheapest of the Cheap.  options:
Custom steering Wheel (WHY???) and automatic tranny.  Radio delete, of
course.  Why Mrs VanDeVeer choose the custom steering wheel I will never
know.  No power anything (power-steering would help); this lady drove Gracie
until 1989 (do the math: Died at 108 in 2005--subtract 1989 from 2005 (16
years), then subtract 16 years from 108 and you'll then discover
GraceVanDeVeer drove Gracie (see where the name came from?) until she was
OVER 92 years old!  (She was just over 5 feet tall and under 100lbs , so
'Little Old Lady' understates her stature!).  How Grace drove Gracie must
have been a comic-scene!  Imagine looking UNDER the steering wheel to see
forward?  And how did she steer it?  She must have had Popeye forearms!

Anyway, Gracie is a gem, and absolute gem.