Re: [Amc-list] early american front suspension

Re: [Amc-list] early american front suspension

Oh yeah, I got the suspension into day! What a PITA to assemble! But it looks
super sweet, it's spotless, tight and ready for alignment.  Springs and
brakes not in yet, but the backing plates are all drilled and painted. I have
some nice neoprene sheet to make new spring pads.

Bought bushings from ESPO; they list the same part for upper and lower arms.
The OEM part is different for the uppers, but these work just fine, the
correct press fit. The OEM bushings have little ribs to set the press-in
distance; I had to carefully measure as I was pressing. No big deal. $7 each!

There was some bubbly rust on the lower edge of the inner fender where it
overlaps the frame rail. Like Frank said it wasn't serious; I peeled away the
problem section, which is cosmetically ugly only, and there was only surface
rust on the subframe. Ground it all flat, feathered the edges and coated well
with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator. Good for another 44 years.