[Amc-list] Lookin for a little advice

OK,
I think I'm getting closer to figuring this out, but I still don't know what
type of plastic AMC made its plastic dash components from. So here are the
choices that I can think of,

1. styrene - probably not it's pretty brittle and not very temperature
resistant. Isn't this what our model cars were molded of?

2. ABS - good chance, was this stuff around in 1970 or earlier? I know PVC
was (Germans invented PVC during WW2 to replace more stratetic materials
with.

3. styrol - most likely this is the one.

Actually I think all of these are based on the same early copolymers, so I'm
confused..........

Somebody has to know what AMC made those parts from?????

Or has any one read anything in one of the TSMs?

Thanks,

Armand