Re: [Amc-list] Lincoln brakes

Ah, but there *was* a 79 Town Car. It was essentially the same as the
74-up Town Car, but it did have numerous small tweaks that were unique
to the 79. Prior to being labeled exclusively as "Town Car" the fullsize
Lincoln sedan was indeed a Continental. @ 1973 or thereabouts the
Lincoln Continental had a "Town Car" package and the use of
"Continental" gradually disappeared from the car, leaving "Town Car" as
the designator.

Jeff Reeves
Auburn GA
94 Cherokee
81 Spirit GT
72 Javelin SST

<snip>

in my napa book there is no '79 towncar.  marks, versailles, and
connies only.

the '79 connie and mark had 11" drums and the same big bendix front
calipers amc used '74-8.  also optional was a rear disk setup with the
same calipers used on the versailles.