Re: [Amc-list] new items on my rambler blog

Re: [Amc-list] new items on my rambler blog

You don't need new quarters, just the lower part from about that low body line down. The lip in the front would be hard to fabricate, but if you cut about 1/2" below that body line and take the piece and some photos of a good one to a body shop or a sheet metal fabricator (try HVAC shops that make their own duct) they might be able to make a set of patch panels. Otherwise you need to cut a panel from another car about an inch higher than what you expect to replace. 63-66 Classic, Ambo, or Marlin will be identical, and I think even a 63-69 American will be close enough -- at least to repair the front part (might not be long enough). Some have successfully used the rear portion of a front fender to repair this area.

Frank Swygert
Publisher, American Motors Cars