[Amc-list] junkyarding

Worked till 4:30 today, then zipped over to Lynnwood, WA's very own Pull a Part yard (because during summer they are open till 7 PM) I had planned on getting the trans crossbar from a full size Cherokee(to mod for my '83 J10's AW4 conversion because I don't want to hack up the T5 one) Sad to say they crushed it a week ago (it had been picked pretty clean) and the only rig they have now is a '71-72 Wagoneer with a 304/TH400 (with adapter ring) and Dana 20 and that cross bar is the same as the one in my '73 J4000 (doesn't have the extra braces like my J10's do, so the bolt pattern may be different too) I figured out that the crossbar has to be moved back (or modified) to clear the trans pan. The holes for the upper part are 4" apart, so I'm moving it back to there and only having to redrill 3 holes on each side (one is off the end of the inner frame plate on each side, so some welding/fabbing will be needed later)That puts the mount pretty much dead center of the crossbar. I got one driveshaft done in the J10 last night (I need a longer double cardan one for the front but I have a single joint one for now) so I am getting close to running with it. (I need it moving so I can move to my new place)

 Anyways, back to the junkyard:
I did get a trans crossbar with transfercase brace from an AW4 Comanche (to put into my '87 MJ when I do the auto and finish the 4x4 conversion on it soon. I'm tired of driving with a non-functioning hydraulic clutch) It'll also be the template for the trans mount crossbar going into the '83 J10.

I found some parts I needed for my Ford scrap hauling truck (beginning to wish I'd just put the 304 from my J4000 into it but figured the 400M would be faster!) but ran out of time to get them off. (plan to go back tomorrow)

I also checked over the Jeeps and AMCs in the yard (quite a few Concords and similar square headlight 2wds) I was hoping to find a Model 20 in one of the Comanches or AMCs or even a D44 in one of the XJs (someone beat me to them) but no luck. I want an M20 in my MJ and another for my '82 Spirit (the whine of the axle nearly drove me nuts going to my cabin and back last night. Especially with only an AM radio in the mountains)

Maybe I just have too many irons in the fire?