[Amc-list] musings on Hawaii and AMC

To sum it up I did not see one single AMC or Rambler!
3 islands and 12 days and nada!
The closest thing I saw was Camanches and I actually saw a respectable number of those.
More then I've seen in years! They must have sold wel in the islands.
I was surprised to see that it appears the islanders do not have any form of recycling of cars going on. The thing to do it seems is to pull it over and walk away from it when it dies! Shame, you have tropical islands dotted with abandoned cars and trucks. The same goes for appliances etc;
  On the Big Island of Hawaii we drove to south point. The southernmost point in the U.S. now that is a shame! It appers to have been a military site, possibly WW II. Veyr abondened and the locals are using it for a trash dump!
   The whole state seems to have been abandoned for the most part by the National parks service. The nices one we saw was Volanoe National park on the big Island. A must see if you are into destruction by nature! WOW!

  Now, where was I on my cars??? Jetlag... This'll take a while to figure out!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV