[Amc-list] 1968-69 Javelin clutch/brake pedal mounts

[Amc-list] 1968-69 Javelin clutch/brake pedal mounts

There appear to be two styles, one with a two home mounting plate on the dash side of the pedal mount and one with a three hole mount.  I am trying to find one for my '69 SST.  Does anyone know what the 3rd hole is for and what mount is the correct one for the model year?  Thanks.  Brian G.