[Amc-list] OT -Just got back from Boneville

[Amc-list] OT -Just got back from Boneville

The salt was in good shape but the car I was
associated with broke twice and did not better its
record.

If you go to the SCTA website, it's car 830.

Broke a front U-joint on Saturday and took out the
transmission tail shaft and drive shaft.  Damaged the
drive shaft loop.  Had a new driveshaft made in Salt
Lake city on Monday.  The owner brought an extra
transmission (Muncie 4-speed) and raced again Tuesday
and Wednesday.  Late Wednesday it sheared the roll pin
on the distributor gear.  Put a new one in on Thursday
morning and it did it again.  That's all she wrote for
this year.

It would be more fun to own a car, than just "crew" on
one, but it's fun being there, nevertheless.  I wonder
how a Barney Navarro type motor would do in a Hornet
hatchback, or Javelin just to keep it all AMC.  There
were no AMC motors at Bonneville this year, I believe.
 I'll have to check the program book for sure.  The
Hudson was back with Hudson flathead and the little
Rambler (51 or so) with the Chevy motor was back.

The Ford "fusion" hydrogen motor car ran right after
our car on Wednesday afternoon.  I don't know how it
did, but I don't think it even finished the run.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA