[Amc-list] brake drum cost vs. shipping

Just because Mark is on vacation doesn't mean we have to wait for him! Why's
it so quiet in here?

Need drums for 72 hornet rear, and drums for the front of the new American,
putting on 9x2.5's.

NAPA wants $72 each! Rockauto wants $36 and $58 each. Local brake shop wants
$58 and $84. All for Raybestos brand (though brake shop says Wagner part has
better metallurgy.) (And that Raybestos "R" suffix means they sample their
assembly line every 5 minutes instead of 16 for quality control).

Rockauto shipping: $85!! 4 drums heavy!! So much for savings!

But -- I split into two orders:

* 2 x 2501's, shipping $8.35

* 2 x 2502R's, shipping $12

problem solved.

Does anyone here get NEW drums turned before installation? For two years I've
regretted not having my brand-new front rotors turned before installation;
they've got enough runout to feel in the pedal. Cheap aftermarket parts!