From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Syn Lubes, a little more to it,,
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."
<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Friday 10 August 2007 09:39:47 Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I'd use synthetic if I could trust someplace to put it in

I'm lucky, there's a local low-grade service station across the
street from a
decent cafe. They're very small, prefer cash. I bring my own oil
and filter,
and pay them $12 for the lift, change and disposal. If I get
there reasonably
early I drop off the car, have breakfast, walk back and drive
off.

It's not a very good shop; nice guys, but a bit sloppy. But
since I bring my
own stuff and see the empty bottles on the floor before I drive
off I'm happy
enough. Mobil1 and a NAPA (Wix) filter.

No more oil changes at home for me! Disposal is a major PITA
these days. It's
not worth it.