[Amc-list] Syn Lubes, a little more to it

[Amc-list] Syn Lubes, a little more to it

Not exactly all about syn oil but more about regular oil.
A knowledgable guy once told me some things about oil that seemed to make sense to me.
He said ALL oil that comes out of the ground is essentially the same.
What makes one brand different from the others is the amount and type of additives they put in to help the oil do it's job.
Some oils have more detergent than others.
These oils get dirty faster between changes because they are cleaning the engine better.
It use to be that we would judge an oil by how clean it was in the engine.
It turned out that the clean oil was coming out of some of the dirtiest engines you could imagine.
I remember old flat head Fords that I took apart where the oil was just sludge.
I'm guessing that syn oil is very similair to regular oil in this respect.
If your oil is staying clean for a long time, maybe it's because it's not cleaning well.
Just another opinion.
Don
1970 AMX
"The older I get, the better I was."