Re: [Amc-list] "Well Blow Me Down";....- 196 'Slug' Blues -

On Thursday 09 August 2007 14:44:30 Brien Tourville wrote:

> He does examine things and give valid reasons for his ideas -- such as
> turboing a 196.
>
> He looks at the block and head castings and the crank and rods.
>
> It's a heavy casting with forged crank and rods.
>
> The valves are a bit small and the intake tract a bit restrictive, but
> pressure overcomes that.
>
> So it is in theory a good turbo candidate.

I have the books, I like them, but to be blunt I've not found them to be
useful; the data is old, and basically a bunch of posited ideas and not
backed up with very many 'I did X and it worked'.

As my friend Simon likes to say,

/The difference between theory and practice
is greater in practice than in theory/

'ought to' is a good starting point for experimentation, but it's not a
substitute.