Re: [Amc-list] Dynasour, Diesel, Synthetic or Urban Legend?

Re: [Amc-list] Dynasour, Diesel, Synthetic or Urban Legend?

My opinion (and yes, I have a bellybutton too):  That
Texaco commercial from a few years ago was accurate.
Synthetic oil really does not volatilize and produce
sludge as much as natural crude based oils.  Modern
chemisty really can make a better molecule.  But do
our old AMC engines really need the better molecules?
I don't know.  But I do use Castrol Syntech in my 2000
Silverado and have used it since the first oil change.
 158,000 mile so far.  Engine runs like new.

The oil is