Re: [Amc-list] Synthetic or conventional....

Re: [Amc-list] Synthetic or conventional....

>it was serviced properly, or atleast I hope it was! I think I will change
>the oil and will put a good quality synthetic in it...just to be safe!

I think what convinced me to keep synthetic in ours was this page:

http://t.vago.home.att.net/gallery/gallery-jr-sludgequiz.html

That, and other pictures of messed-up 2.7s convinced me. Our '04 should have been "fixed" so it shouldn't be a problem (yours should be too), but I sure feel a lot better running it.

Spec for ours is 10W-30, and I'm told that the oil pump is clearanced for the thinner oils only; running a thicker oil can cause early pump death. Newer oils with low zinc should be fine in this OHC engine.

Good luck, is sure a fun motor to drive behind.

-steve c.