Re: [Amc-list] Synthetic or conventional....

Re: [Amc-list] Synthetic or conventional....

That problem has actually been addressed by a combination of different
machining techniques and changes to the synthetic oil itself. The big
thing it used to prevent was proper ring seating but modern rings seat
in the first half hour of engine running anyway so it's not an issue.
Also, cars like Vipers, Corvettes, and Porsche's come from the factory
with full synthetics.

I've been using Mobile 1 10w30 in both American's since they each got
500 miles on their respective rebuilds. Neither one uses any oil. I also
used the same oil in my former 96 Ram and changed it every 10,000 miles.
It had 134,000 miles on it when I sold it this spring and still ran
great. Part of the deal on my new Ram is free oil changes for the first
couple years and it will get a full synthetic once the oil changes are
on my dime.

I have not experienced any fuel economy different in these three
vehicles but they all ran smoother and quieter with it.

Matt

jim williams wrote:
> Hello,
> You might want to check with the dealer. Most cars
> require a break in before using the oil.
> Are you planning to keep the car for the long run?
> If so go for it. If not then you are taking care of it
> for soemone else.
> I've been using the products since the 70s.
>

> --- William Renshaw <lionwren@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Just purchased a new car a couple of weeks ago and
>> would like to use
>> synthetic oil instead of conventional oil. Does
>> anyone know the goods and
>> bads of using synthetics compaired to using a
>> conventional oil.
>> The car is a 2006 Dodge Magnum SE. 2.7 liter V-6
>> with a 4 speed auto.
>> Thanks in advance...
>> Bill Northern Id.

>   Jim Williams