Re: [Amc-list] Thomas Garner, 64 Classic (Tom Jennings)

Re: [Amc-list] Thomas Garner, 64 Classic (Tom Jennings)

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
"
" If I had to guess you have a
" points ignition still with crap points. Can you even buy good ones any more?
" Seriously, are they made any more? It's increasingly a lost art... correct
" condenser, good coil, spring tension adjusted right, distributor shaft
" bearings good, all connections good... I'd do a duraspark swap!

good ummm point... [;^>]  but i'd do an hei swap first.  amc sixes of
this era don't have external ballast resistance, so the coil-in-cap
hei is a one-wire hookup.  it's also easier to get recurve parts for,
to unlock a surprising amount of free hp and mileage.