Re: [Amc-list] Thomas Garner, 64 Classic (Tom Jennings)

On Tuesday 07 August 2007 06:24:12 Thomas Garner wrote:
> Intake bolts in from the side, so I guess it's a 232 then. I put a rebuilt
> carb on it that I bought at Advanced Auto. Match mine perfectly, but their
> system said it was of a 65. Should I expect my 232 to top out around 65?

Probably should be flat dead at 90mph, maybe! If I had to guess you have a
points ignition still with crap points. Can you even buy good ones any more?
Seriously, are they made any more? It's increasingly a lost art... correct
condenser, good coil, spring tension adjusted right, distributor shaft
bearings good, all connections good... I'd do a duraspark swap!