------------
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 18:01:42 -0700
From: "Thomas Garner" <Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,
 New to this list.I have a 64 AMC Rambler Classic with a 232. I also have a 63 classic, but due parts being so hard to find, I'm currently using it has a parts car. THe 64 is in great condition, I'm currently fixing small stuff now, but I've been driving it.
 I'm debating on swapping the inline 6 for a V-8. A 287 or 327. I was wondering if anybody knows of either one for sale in my area. (would actually like the tranny to go with the V-8) I live in the middle Tennessee area.
 Also, I'm trying to repair the heater valve and have somewhat got it fixed with some seals I found at Lowes. It's not factory, but I got it to work, BUT, it still leaks by a little bit when it's off. Not a huge deal, but I actually like to fix it 100%.
 On the Ranco switch, can somebody tell me why it has a little copper coil, kind of like a temp. gauge or sensor? I can't see any purpose in this, since it is completely controlled by the lever inside.
 The seat belts are there, but they don't roll up. I think they should, but maybe not. Any info would be helpful.a

 That's enough for now, I've got more for later, but that will be a start.

Thanks,
Thomas Garner

--
Frank Swygert