Re: [Amc-list] more information on my 63 770

Re: [Amc-list] more information on my 63 770

Adam,

It's unlikely that an accident would have damaged the engine. Chances
are that any accident that server would have done major structural
damage to the car and most likely killed everyone involved. A hood and
grille, on the other hand, could have been from a mild accident.

The vinyl and plastic parts need to be painted with a special paint made
just for the job. SEM is one brand that has excellent products for dying
vinyl and plastic (make sure you use their prep solution and follow the
directions exactly). For metal parts, you can use regular spray paint
but it will not be as durable as the factory paints (the SEM stuff will
be okay). I'm not sure what type of paint the factory used on steering
wheels but I would not use a lacquer based paint (which is what most
spray paint is) since the solvents are very aggressive.

As far as the seat materials go, that's up to you. Cloth inserts were
available from the factory and with a little bit of research, I'm sure
you could dig up what they looked like. Which ever way you go, I would
stick with a factory style for stitching.

Matt

adam young wrote:
> Sorry guys, you had to be in a pasture in Iowa 7 years ago to beat my
> $50 bid.
>
> as for the numbers on the car: g144449
>
> also notice the red on the hood.
>
> could my car have been in an acident and replaced the hood grill and
> engine?
>
> also need some help with the interior. will plan old red spray paint be
> close to the red i need to repaint the interior? also anyone try that
> new plastic paint by rustolium on steering wheels? notice mine is white
> because of fading.
>
> one last opion needed: do i do original vinyl seats or do i do cloth
> because vinyl in deadly hot in the summer?

> Now you can see trouble…before he arrives
> http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_protection_0507

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com