[Amc-list] 79amx front frame.

as I am preparing to install the 343 , the frame frame rail shows advanced
rust, the shock tower has rusted away.
as the new engine will exceed 400h.p. this frame will not hold up.  It has
been suggested to install a mustang front clip,or go to tubular.  does
anyone have info on a solution to the problem.  I hate to throw good money
after bad, and really do not want to scrap the car out.  If i scrap the
idea, then I would put the 343 in a Rebel, if I can find a decent one.
Your help is needed.
Garry