Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 9

Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 9

Hi Guys,

I am making the final three modifications to my Allison powered 70 AMX road
racer,  First, swapping out the T-10 for a Richmond 5 spd, adding a rear
panhard rod and finally adding a rear end oil cooler and pump to the Ford 9
inch.  I have found very little info available on the Richmond five speed
conversion and panhard bar installation so I started a thread in the AMC
forum under the autocross section for anyone who would like to see details
on the issues involved in these conversions.

On a separate note I have uncovered and purchased the Ex Chuck Smiley 73
Hornet hatchback that was a SCCA Solo one champion throughout the 80's on
the west coast.  I found the car as raced in beautiful condition less
engine. I have committed to leave my tinkering hands off this beautiful old
racer and restore it only to its former glory.  I also must give credit to
mid west high speed auto champion Ray Larson for turning me on to this great
old car.  I won't be picking this car up for a little bit due to a pending
move from Chicago to Phoenix and can share progress as it unfolds

Hal Lynch