[Amc-list] 1963 'Twin Stick' -- 'Bath Time for Cutie' -

[Amc-list] 1963 'Twin Stick' -- 'Bath Time for Cutie' -

Holy Crap!

What a Gorgeous 2dr!

This car deserves a Factory style hood tach -
something like the Pontiac's had only silk screen
on the AMC logo -

The 'Black Beauty' this is - it is all there and seam
rust appears minimal -

Console is almost ready for a fresh
pair of Driving Gloves;)

Check this site Adam, it should make your restoration much
easier and quicker:

http://tinyurl.com/qjhhe

You won't be sanding on sheet metal highlight creases -
all Factory stamping highlights will be preserved.

I'd dig a pit for a plastic sump pump under the car -
place a large plastic painters drop sheet over the entire
cars 'foot print' area - put the car up on some K-Mart ramps above.

Put the sump pump into the 'pit' - hook up a lawn sprinkler
and pour a few gallons into the 'pit' and plug in the sump
pump.

24 hours later you should have a pristine undercarriage -
time to wash away the exterior oxidation next - keep that
primer gun at the ready:

http://corroless.com/

This is the Primer / Paints used on North Sea Oil Rigs.

Make up a spray 'wand' with a paint head on the tip -
get some plastic body plugs and drill bits
that fit --
blow the Corroless into all the channels / sub frame
areas you can identify - inside out / top to bottom.

Keep us updated on your progress - take lots of .jpgs.

    =Bt=
milnersXcoupe
"The Heretic"