Re: [Amc-list] Take a look at a tired old Rambler

On Saturday 04 August 2007 17:32:40 Ken Ames wrote:

> Tag on passenger side spring tower would tell also. Couldn't quite read the
> one in the pictures. I'm going to guess a Classic with Ambassador grille.

Yeah, me too, not a V8. Did all Ambassadors 63, 64 have V8s? I thought so, but
whatdoIknow.

> If the 'S' in the engine code means service replacement, perhaps it _might_
> have been made in 67. Would they continue making the old blocks for
> replacements when the new series 6s were in production? '6501' on the other
> engine tag could mean 1965 American.

Jay, I think the door tag shoudl read "6310" for 63 classic (10 series). Isn't
50 series rebel or something?  Wagons were 6381 (ambo) 6311? (classic) or
some such.

I've been wrong before... once, back in 1901. I swear.