Re: [Amc-list] Take a look at a tired old Rambler

Re: [Amc-list] Take a look at a tired old Rambler

A Classic will be 631x-x (or may not have the last number). Classic's
are series 10. Also, there's a good bit of information available at
http://www.amcyclopedia.org/node/59. If it does turn out to be an
Ambassador, post the door tag data and the letters from your serial
number and someone can decode them.

Matt

Jay Ciampi wrote:
> What is the code on the doorpost?   it should start with a 63____ to tell if
> it really is a Classic or an Ambassador. If it is a 6380-2 or something very
> similat, thern it is an Ambassador. If it reads 6650-2 thne it most like is
> a Classic. The digit after the 8 in the first one will be something other
> than 0, as the digit after the 5 in the second example will be also.
>
> Jay in FL.

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com