Re: [Amc-list] Take a look at a tired old Rambler

On Friday 03 August 2007 18:26:17 adam young wrote:
> I have posted pictures on my blog of my 63 rambler. If anyone has tips or
> advice please comment.

Oh yeah, twin stick ambassador, too bad! Only two doors! Black with red
interior, no one wants that... better get rid of it, I'll take it off your
hands for free.... uhuh!!! Sure!!

> I also have a service engine code. Please look at this and maybe we can
> figure out the mistery of the date code with 7 digets and an "S" in the
> begining.

The service engine might be the reason for the funny number. DOes it decode OK
without the leading S? I can't tell an aluminum motor from iron from a
photo... I don'/t know that much about those motors. Maybe the aluminum one
died and some dealer put a service iron motor in.

Like Frank says, torque the head before you drive it!!! When I checked mine
the head bolts were aroudn 40 ft/lbs loose!