[Amc-list] Re; Interesting Water Injection for DIY

[Amc-list] Re; Interesting Water Injection for DIY

Tom, if I read this wrong then I appoligize.  Turbochargers don't turn
"waste" exhaust heat energy into intake air.  The velocity of the exhaust
exiting the engine turns the turbine side of the turbocharger.  The impeller
side (totally seperate from the turbine) compresses the intake charge
"forcing" more air/fuel mixture into the combustion chamber.  The turbo heat
is from the exhaust turning the turbine.  Remember, it's all atmospheric
pressure that fills the combustion chamber and the pressure of the burnt
gasses exiting the chamber.  A supercharger just "forces" more fuel charge
into the chamber.

Dan Whitehead