[Amc-list] Committed

Well, I guess I'm committed or should be.
 I bought a Ford 9" housing for the American.
Probably too big, overkill, etc;
But it's a clean bare, big bearing housing and I intend to kick my RM [rambler mentality] to death on this one.
It's a shortened big bearing 9" housing. setup to build a 56" width 9".
It'll get brand spanking new 31 spline axles, a set of 3:50 gears, a posi of an undecided nature.
The ends will be capped off with a set of exploder or similar discs.

With the Z-spec T5  trans in place and this axle backing it up I should be good to go!

Someday I may want a Stroker in there and this'll let me do it with no fear or hesitation.

I've looked hard for a "suitable" replacement for the AMC 15 and nothing is a true bolt in except the Mavericak 8" or one style Chrysler 8 3/4. I decided since I want to go 9" in the convertible that this would be the best to macth it in the American.

I may be broke, but I won't have to go back into it or wonder when the hub is going to spin.
Parts will be as near as the next parts store!

Anyone have an axle company they recomend?
The AMC forum had a guy who was having trouble with Mosers walking out of the bearings, which sounds like a fitment error that could easily carry over to Ford setups.
  I'm thinking Currie? No Idea....

Copied to Strokers list as Jeep guys know axles!
--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV