Re: [Amc-list] Kenosha Bound For THE SHOW!!

On July 25, 2007 Frank Swygert wrote:

> Did anyone forget about the big Kenosha show this coming weekend?
I'm
> leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for Kenosha, then leaving
> Saturday evening. I'll have my cell phone with me (803-604-6548) and
> will be in the vendor area on Friday and Saturday. Stop by and say
hi!
> My wife will be with me, so I'll have a little more time to walk
around
> the field and chat while she sells/takes orders. Really, it was her
idea!!
--------------------------------

I'M THERE!!! Took 15.5 hours, but I made it! Google said approximately
13 hours 36 minutes. I planned on 14. Chicago took the extra hour. That
place has always had the worst roads and traffic control of any city
I've driven in, including New York and New Jersey! Of course I haven't
been in dreaded Los Angeles traffic before. I left at 05:30, got here
at 21:00 (9 pm). Those are both EST, since Kenosha is central I got
here an hour earlier than expected...

There are a few cars in the parking lot here. The most interesting is a
56 Hudson Hornet four door. The guy DROVE it from NEVADA! Looks pretty
good too. Will drive around a bit tomorrow, and stop by the Kenosha
History Center in the morning to register. The show is 5-9 pm Friday
evening, 9 am - 4 pm Saturday. Can get some sleep in the morning!