[Amc-list] a surprise in my 79 AMX

I recently removed the engine from the 79, preparing it for my 343, dynoed
408 HP.
The engine which I thought was a 304, preformed  radically, one wheel wonder
burning through 2 gears,mmmm thought this 304 is strong.  when removed, I
discovered it had a 360 2bbl, contacted original owner, a women, stated
never done anything to engine. I am happy that it is a 360, as it is going
in my scrambler, and have the proper cam and intake.
how to I clearify what engine came with it, or was it a corp mistake.

Also for the list, your comments are needed on my 05 Ford 150 decked out 4
door 5.4 engine. fuel rails replaced, injectors replace, 3 times crankcase
filled with fuel, cat convertor replace, rear rotors and cal replaced, stero
would come on during the night, would have to get up and disconnect battery,
rear end is now locking up, air cond will not work, temp gauge says -31 when
90 out.
Ford says I must pay $400 fee to have it checked out, hell I have 17
documented complaints on this unit, the att Gen office is only an advocate,
an will not help me.
I know that there are some real smart people out there that may give me some
direction.  Dealers will not give me fair trade value, due to these problems
and history.  Why should I take such a hit and Ford just walks away.
Wish AMC was still around

Garry in Minnesota