[Amc-list] Kenosha Bound For THE SHOW!!

Did anyone forget about the big Kenosha show this coming weekend? I'm
leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for Kenosha, then leaving
Saturday evening. I'll have my cell phone with me (803-604-6548) and
will be in the vendor area on Friday and Saturday. Stop by and say hi!
My wife will be with me, so I'll have a little more time to walk around
the field and chat while she sells/takes orders. Really, it was her idea!!

I've a big surprise at this event! A new book, "The Red, White & Blue
Book" will be available for the first time at the show. This is a number
decoding and field guide for AMC cars from 55-83. Has all number
decoding info including casting numbers for most engines. It's digest
size (5.5"x8.5") and spiral bound for easy carrying and use. 66 pages in
all. The price at the show is $15 each. Probably could have got more,
but I'm in this for a hobby. Making a little money is great, but I'm not
out to make a killing! We've needed something like this for a long time,
that's why I did it! After the show I'll be advertising them for $18,
which includes shipping in the US (a little more for Canada).

In case anyone needs details for the show, I copied this from the
Kenosha History Center website
(http://www.kenoshahistorycenter.org/car.htm):

Tuesday July 24th through Saturday July 28, 2007
$Free
Join the Kenosha History Center for five fun-filled days celebrating the
105th anniversary of auto making in Kenosha. This is the big car show,
where we are expecting over 700 cars (Jeffery, Nash, AMC, Jeep &
Renault) and car afficionados from all over the world. Drive-in car
shows will start the week out beginning on Tuesday July 24th, a grand
parade starting at 5 p.m. at UW Parkside to Kennedy Park and the car
show in Kennedy Park on Friday July 26th and ending with the "big" car
show on Saturday July 27th in Kennedy Park. Kennedy Park will feature
live music in the Pennoyer Bandshell, food and refreshments from 5:00
p.m. until 9:30 p.m. on Friday, and the car show, vendors food and
refreshments on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

The Schedule is as follows:

July 24: Wendys on 75th Street/39th Avenue, 4-9 p.m.
July 25: Andy's Drive-in on Roosevelt Rd./30th Avenue, 4-9 p.m.
July 26: The Spot North on Washington Rd./30th Avenue, 4-9 p.m.
July 27: The Great Parade, 5 p.m. starting at UW Parkside to County
Highway E, right on 22nd Ave, left on Birch Road, left on Sheridan Road,
right on Alford Park Drive (Highway 32), Sheridan Road to Washington
Road (left) to Kennedy Park
July 27: Car Show, food, music & refreshments in Kennedy Park, 5-9:30 p.m.
July 28: Car Show, vendors, food & refreshments in Kennedy Park, 9
a.m.-4 p.m.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"