[Amc-list] Transmission swapping and measurements

[Amc-list] Transmission swapping and measurements

I'm about to swap in an AW4 in place of the T5 in my '83 J10. The 4x4 T5 is out (and on my parts for sale pile. The 3rd and first synchros are welded to the shaft from lack of oil if the T-5 trans guru is right as usual) and I have the measurements of the trannies side by side.

T5 4x4 trans from bellhousing lip to tcase flange is 21.75"

AW4 4x4 trans is 25 1/4"

AW4 2wd trans is 30" to the seal flange and 33" to approx where the Ujoint should ride.

I'll add the 999 2wd auto measurements when I drop mine out. I can't access the 727 or 904 4x4 trans at the moment, but I'll add that as well (IIRC, it was within an inch of the T5)

I'll be taking my camera with me tomorrow when I go to work on it (wish I had another pair of hands to help me lift the trans into place on the J10. I can lift it fine even though I'm much weaker than I used to be, but aligning it and putting in a bolt at the same time is tough)